Here are some reasons why exactly this time is chosen:
- When we look at a watch at 10:10, we see as if the watch is smiling. It is better to have a smiling face, rather than having a crying face when the time is at 8:20. So the form of the hands has a positive effect on the view
- The hands are nearly symmetrically balanced on the face of the dial at 10:08. And they form the letter “v”, which symbolizes victory.
- Many say that it is due to Abraham Lincoln died at that time and so the watches are showing 10:10. But some say that, Lincoln is shot at night at around 10:15, and died in the next day morning at around 7:22. So this ain’t the correct the reason.
- 10 o’clock is the time at which people typically wake up if they are able to sleep in. 10:08 is thus associated with weekend, leisure and relaxation.
So seeing all this, smiling face and victory seems to be a good reason for most watch companies to show 10:10 in watches during their ads.
I have started this blog many years ago, and have since handed it off to someone else to continue bringing you some great did-you-knows and fun facts.
Latest posts by anulyok (see all)
- Which country has a single-colored flag? - January 25, 2009
- Why is Friday the 13th is considered to be an unlucky day? - January 19, 2009
- What’s the difference between black and green teas? - December 19, 2008